Monday, October 12, 2009

Wind Beneath My Wings

(I had written this for Papa on his 50th birthday in 2007...)


Ok, this blog is for dad, cause yesterday he stepped into his fiftieth year and Id like to take this opportunity to shed some light on this man who is my father.For as long as I can remember, I had a pedestal in my head, and on that pedestal stood my father. From the time when I was a little girl, to this day, so many things have changed. People have come and gone, people have grown older, homes have been shifted and hearts have been broken. Momentous victories, bits and pieces of sorrow...all the ingredients that shape life, I can safely say, we've had a fair share of it all.
But the one thing that has remained unchanged, the rock of gibraltar within my head, unmoved and unshaken...the pedestal with the man standing on it. And somehow the pedestal has grown taller, and seems to shine with more brilliance than it ever has, as time has gone by.
My father has had his share of anguish, hardship, and heartache...he has had to go through trials by fire and has gotten scorched along the way. He has faced hard times , betrayal and all the basic drama played out in life. Yet till today, the image of him hasnt changed to all who have met him and known him. Always standing straight no matter what the situation, walking straight, disciplined, organized, meticulous, he is the epitome of graceful aging(although i must say he doesnt look it). He is one of the most gifted artists I have ever met, and he gives personality to his creativity in everyday life , from designing the interior of our house to designing and building the animal hospital building and premises. Seldom have I seen a person so awed by beauty. His need for harmony and beauty shows in everything he does. More than anything else, his immense willpower, his love for home and hearth, his sense of responsibility, his support towards his family and his roleplay as husband and father, have never ceased to awe me.
And of course he loves elephants ... all elephants that ever walked the earth...big ones, baby ones, african, asian...if its an elephant, dad loves it.

For my father, I have in my heart immense respect, and even more love. There is none like him and there never will be. Someday god willing, he will be able to live life on his terms, paint his pictures and spend leisure time with his animals. Till then and even afterwards may God bless you papa. And Happy birthday to you. You have been the wind beneath my wings. You have egged me on to find my dreams in the face of all adversity and you have shown me that there is no substitute for hard work and will power. For that I am grateful. I love you more each day. Through lifetimes I will love you and seek you out and then one day we will know each other in God.

---------Your Apple now and always,

Twinky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Halloa! I'd be happy to hear from you so please feel free to drop in a word or two about this blog post. Cheerio!